First , we regret that our first participation to this convention is also the last. Despite the efforts and sacrifices of the organizers, they are no longer able to offer us this event. We hope to see them again in a new adventure!
For us, this convention was really a great success. Several stalls about the Stargate theme were present at our side:
Stargate BCN, a spanish group about the Stargate franchise who expose a nice props collection and objects.
The Geeks du Sud, an association about the pop culture and very.
And GC Costuming, a talented dressmaker who makes costumes replicas including those of Stargate.
Many of you came to test the game and talk with us. Whether to ask questions or to congratulate us. It's always a great pleasure to see your eyes shine with the discovery or rediscovery of our game!
We had prepared a surprise (because yes we are like that at Stargate Network, we prepare surprises at the hotel until 2am in the morning ^^) and we can say that it has greatly pleased you! This surprise was to dive you literally into the game with a VR headset. Allowing you to discover the SGC, Abydos as well as Atlantis in development.
You have been blown away by the size of the sets, the Stargate and especially been dizzy with the view of the Atlantis city from the main tower balcony!
During these two days we were on the main stage for 15 minutes of presentation about our video game, followed by a 45 minutes lecture presenting the game’s history, behind the scenes of the development and the future of Stargate Network.
We had the pleasure to have the visit of the French Youtubers : Stardust and Astronogeek.
Stardust knew Stargate Network and was very excited about the VR experience.
Thanks to him for his support!!
We draw a very positive balance sheet about this convention. Special thanks to all Kamo Con volunteers who was amazing with us. Be sure: We will be back with pleasure.
You will find our pictures about the weekend on the Events page of the website.
Catch an exclusive sneak peek of our new original music composed by our latest recruit & composer Remakost.
Remakost joined us at the beginning of the year and we welcome him to the team! We are very excited to finally have original music created for Stargate Network. This will allow us to offer you an even more engaging and immersive gaming experience.
This year the awesome team at Kamo Con offered us four extra invitations.
Which means four lucky SGN fans will be able to join us!!! Thanks to us!
Stay tuned to our Facebook page for a pending announcement regarding this Giveaway!
As usual, we hope to see many of you at our booth and look forward to meeting you all!
As we announced this summer, here is the Alpha update 01!
This update is rather major, as you will see in the release note at the end of this article.
We have also taken into consideration your feedback and suggestions sent to us by mail, Facebook or Discord. Thank you for your involvement.
But how do you download the update?
It couldn’t be easier!
If you have the launcher installed on your computer, just launch it and it will automatically download the last update.
If you do not have the launcher we invite you to go to the download section.
Will we finally be able to leave the Control Room?
Yes! You will finally be able to wander in the SGC and travel to Abydos.
Keep in mind that the rest of the SGC is under development.
It lacks textures, props, lighting isn’t finalised, etc ...
So, I will finally be able to go and sit in the General's chair!
Unfortunately this part of the SGC is not ready yet.
Will the MAC version be out someday?
You can now download the MAC version!
We hope that you will enjoy this update and that you will enjoy discovering our work.
If you feel like discussing the game, join our Discord!
Thank you for your support and encouragement.
The Stargate Network team
- Update of the Engine to 4.21
- Added settings at the first launch of the game (language, gamma and keyboard layout)
- New loading screen with artworks and hints
- Added a welcome message when launching the game
- Resolution is now saving after relaunching the game
- New model for neon lights
- General optimization of game code and programs
- Improvement of the menu and in-game texts
- Opening of the corridors of level 28 and the Briefing Room (WIP)
- Added ambient sound
- Added wormhole
- Added Abydos and the DHD
- Full Gamepad support (Xbox)
- Improved HUD
- Added access card
- New animation for access card reader
- Improved placement of interaction texts
- General improvement of collisions
- Fixed a bug that prevented the correct entry of an address on the Stargate dialing program
- Added death when the player touches the Kawoosh and crosses from behind
- Added a death’s screen
- Added player's respawn after death
- Improved main menu and added new animations
- Added social networks and website
Improvement in the game settings:
- Added key mapping for Stargate dialing program
- Fixed a bug that would crash the game when unbind a key
- Added an option to disable or enable the HUD
- Added an option to disable or enable the crosshair
- Added gamma setting
- Added keyboard layout
- Added mouse sensitivity setting
- Added sensitivity for the X and Y axes of the gamepad
- Added an option to reverse Y axis for mouse and gamepad
- Added FOV setting
- Added choice of the display screen
- Added a slider to choose the maximum number of frames per second
- Fixed a bug: The game window is now centered on the screen when applying the choice of resolution of the monitor when the full screen mode is "Windowed".
- The frame rate is now displayed in this menu
- The "Play" button is replaced by "Resume"
- Improved lighting
- Unboxed coffee machine
- Added mugs next to the coffee machine
- Added Stargate energy management program
- Enhanced of the phone cabinet
- Added missing panels in the middle of the main console
- Added possibility to turn ON & OFF the Starmap
- Added reflection in the glass (depending of the graphic quality settings)
- Improved gate support (Work in progress)
- Improved of the ramp (Work in progress)
- Enhanced event horizon
- Enhanced sounds
- Enhanced animations
- Enhanced reflections from event horizon
- Enhanced Kawoosh
- Off world activation time increased in SGC